Click the pink text to open the links.

Bus Passes 

If you are autistic, you may be eligible for a Disabled Bus Pass. West Yorkshire Metro, who run the buses in West Yorkshire, provide these passes. If you have one, you are entitled to free transport on any buses in the West Yorkshire area.

For more information on what these passes look like, eligibility and any other questions you may have about them, please visit this page – Metro: Blind and Disabled Passes.

On the Leeds City Council website, section 4 of their Blind and Disabled travel pass allows you to apply for a Companion Pass. This is where someone can bring a companion to travel on buses and/or trains with them. You can find the form here: Blind and Disabled Travel Pass application

Orange Wallet Scheme

The orange wallet is an easy way for you to let transport colleague in West Yorkshire know that you have a disability and that you may need additional support, assistance or a bit more time.

It is a bright orange travel wallet that has plastic pockets inside. You can keep your travel pass in the wallet, along with any other messages to let transport staff know what help you need. Click here to find out more. 

Disabled Persons Railcard 

The Disabled Persons Railcard allows disabled people up to one-third off the cost of their train tickets. The railcard is eligible on all National Rail services across the UK, not just in the West Yorkshire area.

To find out if you are eligible, please visit the Disabled Persons Railcard website.

Safe journey cards  

Both First and Arriva have journey cards that can help you to explain to bus drivers that you are autistic. They can be downloaded by clicking on the following links and printing them out:

National Express Disabled Coachcard 

National Express offer a discount for disabled passengers across all of their coaches. They cost £10 plus £2.50 postage and packaging costs. To find out more about them, please visit the Disabled Coachcard website.

Travel training 

For autistic children and young people up to the age of 24 in Leeds who either have a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Education Health Care Plan (EHCP), there is a travel training course available.

To find out more about it, check out the link below:

Other transport links: