Click the pink text to open the links. 

Disability benefits can be paid if your disability means that you have care needs or mobility difficulties regardless of whether you are in work or in education and regardless of how much money you have or who you live with. Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have long term ill-health or disability. For example, this money could  be used to pay a financial contribution towards the support or services you receive to enable you to have a better quality of life.

Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) is a benefit for people who are able to work and can prove that they are actively looking for work. Employment and Support Allowance is the benefit for people who cannot work or who have a limited ability to work due to having a disability or health condition. 

Click here to find out about other types of benefits which you may be entitled to.

Leeds Citizens Advice Bureau 

Leeds CAB offers more services for people throughout Leeds. They have an office in the City Centre that’s open Monday to Friday and can be contacted via phone or email.

  • Address: Westminster Buildings 31 New York Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7DT
  • Phone: 0113 223 4400

Welfare rights 

Leeds City Council’s Welfare Rights Unit can give you free, confidential advice. They can help you to complete claim forms and offer guidance and support when making appeals.

  • Phone: 0113 376 0452 (Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, Wednesdays 10:15am to 4:30pm and Friday 9am to 4pm)
  • Email:[email protected]

Money Information Centre (MIC) 

The Money Information Centre is run by Leeds City Council and contains links to money advice services throughout the city. 

National Autistic Society – online resources 

The NAS have an information hub on their website with information on finances, including benefits and planning for the future. 

DIAL (Leeds)

DIAL have been going in Leeds since 1979, offering peer support, information and signposting to disabled people. They are user-led and focus on rights, awareness, inclusion, independent living and empowerment.

They can be reached over the phone or by email. Here are their contact details:

Better Leeds Communities 

Better Leeds Communities can offer advice on issues around benefits and welfare. Housing and debt are other areas of expertise. They can be contacted through their website, over the phone and via email. Here are their details:

Money Buddies 

They offer free, impartial and independent debt advice, budgeting support, letter writing, energy bill saving, income maximisation services and much more. Money Buddies don’t judge, tell or charge.